As a little girl, I remember my father loved eating grapefruits. I loved them myself, but never liked to peel them for some odd reason…. Maybe, because I couldn’t get my little fingers to peel them. Every time I go to the grocery store and I see those giant fruits, I always have that memory of my father, sitting on the couch watching the Discovery Channel and eating a grapefruit.
So now that I’m a young adult why not make a cocktail with grapefruit. I mean it only sounds right? Right? They are so delicious, juicy, and a little sour and Rosemary is not only used for cooking. So why not combine both of them? Green and light pink actually really go together in this drink. But not so much for an outfit though. So I wouldn’t try that. With summer around the corner, what better way to spend your afternoon with a nice and light cocktail. If you enjoy the juiciness and sourness of grapefruit, you will enjoy this cocktail
- ½ fresh rosemary sprigs (stem should be about 4-5 inches long) & 1 sprig for the garnish
- 3oz of Prosecco
- 1oz Vodka
- 3 Slices of Grapefruit (Pulp only)
- 1 8oz glass
- -In a cocktail shaker add the rosemary, grapefruit pulp and muddle them together.
- -Add the vodka and give it a quick stir
- -Fill up the glass with ice
- -Pour the mixture into the glass
- -Then add the Prosecco