Is it just me or do you like absolutely love pumpkin.
I swear ,every year I crave those deliciously expensive pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks. It’s like clockwork…
Then suddenly I realize all my funds are diminishing…the struggle is real people.
Every time this time of year comes (pumpkin season that is), I get super excited about the variety of desserts I can make with pumpkin. Should I make bread, muffins, bundt cake, smoothies, or ………PIE!
You guessed it, I choose pie.
True story, as a child I didn’t like pie. I don’t know if it was the texture or the taste. Most likely it was because I was a kid and didn’t know any better.
But boy let me tell ya, times change. Offer me pie now and I will gobble it up whole.
This is by far the least complicated dessert I have ever made. Most of the ingredients are probably in your pantry.
I changed the game a bit. This pie is made with condense milk. If you haven’t tried condense milk, let me tell you it is sweet and creamy. It’s sweet enough that you don’t need to add any additional sugar to this recipe.
I was ecstatic at the result and I am confident you will be too!
- 14 oz can pumpkin puree
- 12 oz canned condensed milk
- 1½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 9' pie shell (I used WHOLLY Wholesome pie shell)
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- In a large bowl, add pumpkin puree , pumpkin spice, and salt, Using a mixer, whisk for approximately one minute.
- Add condensed milk and egg. Whisk for approximately 4 minutes or until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour pumpkin mixture in pie crust.
- Bake for approximately 55 minutes
- Remove from oven. Cool for approximately 2-3 hours.
- Serve and top with whipping cream.