I really dislike washing dishes.
I am the type of gal that loves to cook in a clean kitchen. If I see plates, cups, bowls, random hats (yeah apparently we have an invisible closet in our kitchen) , I have to wash and clean up the prior mess. Yea… my O.C.D kicks in like no other.
There ain’t no shame in my game.
I have a system when I cook, I use a plate, finish using the plate, I wash the plate. Simple enough right…?
Phew! I am glad I got that off my chest, now I can move on to this delicious recipe.
Oven Fried Chicken baby!
This chicken right here will make you forget that deep fried chicken even exists. Yea, it’s that good.
I seasoned the chicken with a spicy mixture, so you get a nice kick. The panko bread crumbs give it a crunch while the inside stays juicy. It’s freaking out of this world. The only cons I have is that your family may ask you do make it every day. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- 1.5 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thight
- 1 tsp salt-free all purpose seasoning (I used Frontier Organic All purpose seasoning)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 TBS milk ( I used 1%)
- 4 oz panko bread crumbs
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil, plus 1 tsp (for greasing pan)
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ cup organic ketchup
- 1 TBS of Pickapeppa Hot Mango Sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Grease with the extra teaspoon of olive oil.
- In a large bowl place chicken, all purpose seasoning, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper. Make sure you rub ingredients evenly on the chicken thighs.
- Place aside.
- Grab 3 large bowls
- In the first bowl place all purpose flour.
- In the second bowl place eggs and milk. Mix well.
- In the third bowl place bread crumbs, olive oil, paprika, chili powder, and cayenne. Mix well.
- Working with one chicken thigh at a time you are going to first place in the flour bowl (making sure to shake off that excess flour), then dip in egg mixture, and lastly coat with panko crumbs. Place on greased baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Place in pre-heated oven. Bake for 45 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking make the spicy ketchup.
- In a small bowl mix ketchup and hot sauce.
- After 45 minutes, remove chicken from oven. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before enjoying.