Summer summertime, just sit back and unwind…
Geez that’s a throwback from waaayyyy back. I was about 4 when that song was first released. The strange thing is that I remember hearing that song religiously every summer. To this very day it remains to be the summer anthem. Brings back good memories… yea buddy.
Whats summertime without cookouts? Not much. I mean come on, freshly grilled anything is so delicious. You could cook a broccoli head and it would still be scrumptious. Am I right or am I wrong?…
Okay maybe I went too far with the last sentence, but seriously grilled meats are the bomb diggity.
I am pretty sure I came up with the perfect mojo marinade. At least that’s what my taste buds are telling me. The most annoying thing is when you grill meats and it lacks that OOOO-LA-LA effect. Yup, its happen to me plenty of times. I am going to let you in on my secret… The longer you marinate your meats, you allow for all those flavors to settle.
What’s great about this concoction, is that you could virtually use it to marinade any kind of meat. Chicken, Beef, Shrimp, Fish, Deer Steaks (if your into that sort of thing). Go ahead and try it!
I pinky promise you and your family will love it.
- 3.5 lbs of chicken thighs
- ½ cup of any lager beer ( i used Guinness blonde)
- ¼ cup olive oil (plus 1 tsp)
- 1 cup of cilantro
- 4 spring onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbs of lime juice
- 1 Tbs of cumin
- 1 tsp of kosher sea salt
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- Place chicken thighs into a large bowl, with a sharp knife poke holes, set aside.
- Place all ingredients( except for the chicken thighs) into a food processor and blend for about a minute or until well blended
- Pour marinade onto chicken thighs,
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate 8 hrs/ overnight in the refrigerator
- Take out of refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum paper, grease with 1 tsp of olive oil
- Place chicken thighs onto baking sheet
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes
- Take out of the oven and place on the grill (medium high heat) and grill for approximately 20 minutes