Earlier this week I shared with you my homemade pizza dough
I also told ya I had plans on making pizza this week…
Hopefully you are sitting down because I have an exciting recipe to share!!!!!!
Jerk Chicken pizza!
I don’t think I shared the fact that my fiance Jamar was born and raised in Jamaica. He surprised me with a trip on my 21st birthday to this beautiful island (eons ago). I have never been so stunned by the beautiful aquamarine ocean… I kept saying to myself O-M-G this actually exist. It’s absolutely breathtaking…
Aside from the beauty of Jamaica , what really got my attention was the food. I remember tasting Jerk Chicken for the first time, and I was in love. Yup, it happened love at first taste. I was determined to keep this explosion of flavor in my life. 7 years later, my determination still stands.
Jamar and I are notorious for keeping a jar of Walkers Wood Jerk Sauce in my cupboard. That’s just how we roll.
I figured it would be a total game changer if I added it to my pizza. I was not wrong! This wasn’t too overly spicy, since you have the cheese to mellow out the heat. I thought it would add a more dynamic flavor if I incorporated the onions and cilantro. If I could put cilantro on everything I would.
I am telling you I can’t get enough of this pizza…Nor could Jamar or Ale.
- For the chicken
- 1 LB Chicken tenderloin
- 1 TBS of Walkers Wood Hot and Spicy Jerk Sauce
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- For the pizza
- 2- 10 in pizza dough
- 1 cup Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese,
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a bowl rub jerk sauce evenly on the chicken tenderloin.
- Oil baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place chicken on oiled baking sheet, place in pre-heated oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice in thin strips. Set aside
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degree
- Divide pizza dough in two even balls.
- Roll each pizza dough in a symmetrical circle.
- Add ½ cup of marinara sauce to one of your pizza.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of cheese evenly.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of onion.
- Repeat with the other pizza.
- Place pizzas in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cilantro evenly on both pizzas. (I used ¼ cup of cilantro for each pizza)