Tequila is probably my ultimate favorite liquor! I will drink it on the rocks, straight, in a cocktail or even in….. ummm Maragritas! I love Tequila so much my dogs name is Tequila!
I normally get offended when some of my friends or family members refuse to take a shot of tequila with me. I always wondered why lol? I’m sure some of you know what tequila can do to you, so it’s totally understandable.
My Husband and I went out to eat for dinner with a few friends a few months back and to start my dinner I had their Jalapeño Margarita, it was sooo good. I actually bought 2 margaritas that night, which I really don’t like to do because it’s so expensive, I hate to spend so much money on cocktails, when I go out. So when I left the restaurant, I just kept thinking about these margarita’s and figured I should try making these at home. I wasn’t too sure what their exact ingredients were, but I managed to be somewhat close to what they had!
These margaritas defiantly have a kick to them. So watch out!
- Cocktail Mixer/Shaker
- 2oz of Tequila
- ½oz of Triple Sec
- Juice of one lime
- 1 slice of Jalapeño
- ½ teaspoon of agave
- Kosher Salt or Coarse Sea Salt for the rim
- Ice Cubes
- 8 oz glass
- In a saucer add ½oz of the Tequila and spread the salt on to a plate
- Dip the rim of your glass into the tequila
- Then dip the glass onto the salt. Set aside
- In a cocktail shaker add all the rest of the ingredients
- Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously for about 15 seconds.
- And then pour into your glass.
P.S. If you want it even more spicier add another slice of Jalapeño