I am so happy that my garden wasn’t a total failure this year. Along with my lovely cucumbers my tomatoes grew like crazzzzzyyyy. Whoop Whoop.
I have tomatoes to last me a lifetime!!!!
Okay maybe not, but it will definitely last a couple months. I am not the type that likes to waste food. I got kind of worried thinking what kind of yumminess I could come up with.
But then I gots to thinking wait… why the heck am I stressing? Tomatoes are like in every dish! Except maybe in ice cream.
Anywho… I am a big marinara fan.
I thought wouldn’t it be a game changer if I made my own marinara sauce with my homegrown tomatoes!
Yeah I know, its probably easier to pick up a jar at the store, but whats really in there. If your like me you can agree with serving your family wholesome homemade foods.
This sauce has some heat to it, so if your sensitive omit the crushed red pepper flakes.
Boy let me tell you I was not wrong. I love me some good marinara sauce. And this is definitely up there.
- 7 medium size tomatoes
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS dried oregano
- 1 TBS dried basil
- 1TBS crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- 1½ TBS tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil on medium high.
- Add garlic, cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Place tomatoes in pot. Cover with lid and cook for about 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes is up remove lid. Decrease heat to medium.
- Mash tomatoes with a potato masher for about 2 minutes.
- Add oregano,basil,salt,black, pepper, red crush pepper, and tomato paste.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.