Boy… I have a treat for ya today!
I have been battling with my self, whether or not I should attempt making my own Jam.
Blueberry jam that is…
I think I told you more than once, that I lovvvveeee me some Boo-berries (A.K.A Blueberries). I mean whats not to love…? They are delicious and nutritious! Did you know, that they are also high in antioxidants? Its a shame, when winter comes around those little blue pearls become scarce. Sad, I know…
This is why we need to take full advantage of what is left of summer!!!
Ok…back to this jam business …
Many jams out there are made with loads of granulated sugar. Sometimes they can be way to sugary . To be frank with you, I can’t stand overly-sweetened anything. I thought, wait… what if I use agave nectar instead of white sugar? The great thing about agave is that a little goes a long way. Fresh blueberries are a must. After many trial and errors, I succeeded in my first homemade jam.
I know it sounds pretty intimidating, but I pinky promise it is simple. I hope I motivate you to try it out.
I am not going to lie, this here is freaking awesome.
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries ( rinse and steams remove)
- ½ cup light Agave nectar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- In small pot, place blueberries, agave, and lemon.
- Bring to a boil.
- Using a pototo masher/fork, mash the blueberries.
- Turn heat to low. Allow to simmer for approximately 10 minutes. Blueberry mixture will become thicker.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for approximately one hour.
- Place in a container/mason jar.
- Note: Can be stored in the fridge up to a month