It’s no secret that me and mornings do not mix well.
I don’t know what it is, I set my alarm early enough to allow my mornings to flow… well at least that’s what I keep telling myself.
Like for instance yesterday, my daughter (Alessandra) had her first soccer game of the spring season.
It’s funny using that SPRING word loosely,yesterday the weather felt more like a winter in Antarctica.
Ok, I may be exaggerating, but it sure felt like it.
Anyways, I woke up two hours before having to be at the field.
I honestly don’t know what happened within those two hours. By the time I finished feeding my child and helping her get ready, I had exactly 15 minutes to leave the house.
Yea… that meant I had 10 minutes to fix up myself to look “Decent” and the other 5 minutes for breakfast.
Luckily, the night prior I baked these delicious carrot muffins. The great thing about these little suckers is that you don’t have to feel guilty after eating them. They are made without refined sugar and butter. Double score! The sweetness comes from the honey, carrots, and raisins. They are absolutely perfect!
Yesterday they saved me from going hungry.
Pair it with your favorite coffee… BAM, guilt-free breakfast served in less than 5 minutes.
- 1½ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 TBS turbinado sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 12 muffin cup pan with paper liners, set aside
- Using a large bowl beat eggs, coconut oil, applesauce, and honey ,for about 2 minutes.
- Add flour, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the egg mixture.
- Mix for about 1 minute, slowly pour in almond milk and grated carrots.
- Mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fold in raisins to the mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup to the top.
- Once all muffin cups are filled, sprinkle a pinch of sugar on the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, set on counter.
- Allow to cool before eating.