A few weeks ago when Amy posted her Mojo Chicken Thighs, she mention you can pretty much grill anything and seriously you can, even fruit! I’m sure a lot of you have done it, watermelon, peaches or pineapples maybe? I’m sure you know what I went with!
Yes PINEAPPLES! they’re so delicious; when you bite into a slice or a chunk, it gives you that tropical feeling, as if you are sitting on the beach, on a beautiful island, with no humidity, just clear skies and beautiful waves crashing onto the shore…but in reality you’re just sitting on your couch watching Netflix and wishing you were in a beautiful island lol….. Totally random, but when I bought my pineapple I thought to myself “what made someone wanna cut one open and just eat it?” To whomever that was, thank you for your bravery (yeah they’re probably not alive, which means they aren’t reading this) But thank you because I probably would have been scared, I would have thought it was poisonous. But when in reality it’s just packed with nutrients and deliciousness.
I got a little off topic lol but after I finished grilling my dinner one night, I thought it would be delicious to throw some fruit on the grill for dessert. I’ve had peaches and vanilla ice cream before, so I thought sliced grilled pineapples and vanilla ice cream would go well together. But wait, I thought to myself “that’s not enough” ummmm maybe some chocolate sauce no! I mean CARAMEL SAUCE mmmm, with a little bit of Brandy in the sauce why yes! But wait I needed that crunch?!?!…yes Pecans! My oh my, it was a delicious treat to satisfy my sweet tooth! I hope you make this tonight or tomorrow or this weekend. I promise you will love it!
- One Pineapple( cut in half inch slices)
- Your favorite Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 cup Pecans
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- ½ cup of half and half
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
- ½ Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons of Brandy
- Add all your ingredients in a sauce pan over medium-high heat
- While cooking, whisk gently for about 6-8 minutes, until it starts getting thicker.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool slightly
- Pour it into a jar
- Refrigerate after your done using it
- Brush your pineapples with a little bit of olive oil
- On the grill, grill the pineapples for about 2 minutes each side, just enough time to see some grill marks on the pineapples(on High for charcoal Grill)
- Top your sliced pineapple with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce & pecans