I was walking through the store this past weekend and was thrilled to see that the corn was on sale. I couldn’t contain myself, its like my brain automatically goes into “MUST BUY CORN” mode. I think everyone loves some corn action. Especially for this time of year…when the weather starts to rapidly warm up and grilling becomes something you do routinely.
Some people enjoy grilling the corn in the husk, but I prefer to remove the husks before I grill them. It seems less of a chore…
HAHAHA, I know that makes me sound like a total lazy bug…
Along with my love for corn, I have a deep fondness for this one particular herb…Cilantro. Cilantro is a staple in my house. Its my go-to flavor enhancer.
Many people brush butter after the corn is finish cooking/grilling. I thought to myself, wait wouldn’t it be awesome to melt butter, minced some garlic, throw in some cilantro, and brush the mixture onto the corn . Try saying that 10 times in a row (total tongue twister). I swear I am so random with my thoughts, especially when it comes down to food.
This is a great side dish for those grilling days. It’s such a cinch and you will have everyone raving for it!
- 9 Corn (husks removed)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup minced cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat grill to medium high heat
- In a small bowl, mix cilantro, butter, and garlic
- Place corn on heated grill.
- After 10 minutes have past, brush butter mixture onto corn.
- Grill for another 10 minutes
- Rotate corn and brush again.
- Allow corn to grill for 5 more minutes, remove from grill.
- Place on a baking sheet. Brush the butter mixture once more.
- Serve and enjoy!