Feliz Cinco de Mayo!!
I got a little surprise for you today…Ginger Mojitos!
You were hoping for a tequila cocktail weren’t you?
OK before you start getting all judgmental, give me a chance to explain.
Firstly, my garden is full of mint leaves. I mean seriously, I can’t let all that mint go to waste! It has to be used somehow.
Secondly, I love RUM! Any rum will do!
Thirdly, ginger is my boyfriend.
Hahahaha. Ok… I am totally kidding about that last statement. But I do loveee me some ginger!
This here is gold. I love the spice the ginger brings to this beverage, along with the coolness of the mint. It’s absolutely refreshing. Pair it with your favorite guacamole, salsa, and chips.
Please comment down below and let me know how much you enjoyed it!
- 1 oz silver rum (I used Mount Gay Silver)
- 8 mint leaves
- ½ lime, quartered (more for garnishing)
- ½ TBS of light agave nectar
- 4 oz premium ginger beer (i used Fever-Tree)
- 4 oz of club soda
- ½ cup of ice cubes
- In a cocktail shaker place rim, mint, lime, and agave nectar. Muddle the heck out of it.
- Next add ginger beer, club soda, and ice cubes. Place lid on your shaker.
- Give it a good 10 shakes.
- Pour your mojito in a glass (I love using my mason jars) . If need be add more ice cubes.
- Garnish with lime wedge.