Its beginning to look a lot like summer! I don’t know about you but I cannot handle the frigid weather.Here in Maryland we had a pretty rough winter. If it wasn’t in the single digits it was snowing or extremely windy. Being an outdoorsy girl myself, being home-bound is no fun. Ain’t nobody got time for that…Luckily I feel that we are finally over the winter hump and moving forward into summer. Yay!!!
Salmon is something I have grown to love over the years. As a child I was super picky. Fish was one of those items I wasn’t too fond of. I thought the taste was way too fishy. That probably doesn’t sound like it makes sense, but as a seven year old it totally did (shhh… don’t judge). As I matured I realized hey this stuff isn’t half as bad especially if you know how to season it well. And when you pair it with the delicious vegetable medley pasta it is a total hit!
This recipe is not only super yummy, its healthy, and it is easy to make (which allows you to enjoy more of these lovely warm days). The medley of herbs and the hint of citrus gives it the perfect balance.
Hope you Enjoy!
- 2-6oz Salmon filets
- 2 tbs of unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic miced
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher sea salt
- 2 slices of lemon
- 16oz farfalle pasta
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut in pieces
- 1 large green/yellow zucchini , cut in quarters
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs of olive oil
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- ¼ tsp of black pepper
- ⅓ cup of cream cheese
- ¼ cup of shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Melt butter in microwave (in a small microwavable bowl!) for 50 seconds
- Once melted add garlic, herbes de provence, parsley, lemon pepper, and salt. Mix well
- Rub well into salmon.
- Place a lemon slice on top
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
- Cook pasta as directed on package
- Throw in asparagus in last 2 minutes of pasta cook time. Drain pasta and asparagus
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil
- Add garlic and shallots, cook for about 2 minutes or until fragrant
- Add cherry tomatoes,zucchini, red pepper, salt, black pepper and cook for three minutes
- Add pasta, asparagus, and cream cheese. Cook for another minute
- Turn off heat, stir until cream cheese is well incorporated
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese
Vegetable medley pasta will feed 6 people