This week started out pretty CRAY CRAY!
Between rushing to and from work and coming home to my GIGANTO (not gigantic… GIGANTO) mess of backed up laundry, dinner seemed like a distant dream.
I always try to make the effort to make a little something something , before resorting to the same old take-out.
So whats my go-to?
Quinoa … a wonderful gift mother nature put here on earth for me, you, friends, and family to enjoy.
I first discovered it a few years ago when I came across a recipe. Not only is it delicious, but it has so many essential vitamins and amino acids your body needs. Such as protein, zinc, magnesium, etc. Oh and it is low in gluten which is great alternative if you have Celiac Disease.
It doesn’t take much effort to make either it’s my absolute go to when a quick easy healthy meal is needed.
I always love to incorporate a little flare to my quinoa. This recipe is super easy and it is satisfying as well. It has all the components a wonderful meal needs. The avocado adds a creamy texture which makes it easy on the palate.
Next time your having one of those days where your running around like a crazy person and you can’t figure out what the heck your going to feed your family and that hungry belly… try this wholesome meal.
- 1 cup quinoa, cook as directed on package
- 1 large tomatoe, diced
- 2 cups of rinsed and drained black beans
- 3 spring onions
- 2 TBS of cilantro
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large jalapeno minced
- ½ tsp kosher sea salt
- ½ cup of shredded mozarella cheese
- In a large pot cook quinoa. (Approximately 15 minutes)
- Onced quinoa is cooked turn off heat and placed tomato, beans, onions, cilatro, jalapeno, salt, avocado, cheese into the pot.
- Stir until cheese is melted and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Serve and dig in!