I hope your enjoying another day of rain. What is this…? Day 50 of non-stop rain?
I keep telling myself it could be worse… and seriously it could be.
When it is pouring out and the sky is grey, I automatically go into hibernating mode. Oh, you didn’t know I am part Bear. HA! Just kidding.
Not that I sit around at home,stuff my face, and watch re-runs all day on Netflix. I can’t do it! I feel like I always need to be doing something.
That something includes jamming to some awesome music and making these coconut bites.
I am always craving something sweet, quick, and of course healthy. These bites fit that criteria. They are packed with protein, omega 3s, and just the right amount of sweetness. What’s also great about these little babies, is that an oven is not needed! What more can you ask for?
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup of coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup finely ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl place oats,almond butter, coconut, chocolate chips, flaxseed, honey, coconut extract, and vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Set aside.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon scoop up oatmeal mixture. Using your hands form into ball. Set ball on baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the oatmeal mixture.
- Place baking sheet in freezer, for about an hour.
- Remove and store in a large ziplock bag or an airtight container.
- Keep in fridge for about a week.