So real talk, weekdays are pretty crazy around here. I am pretty sure I already told you this.
Usually, I am the one running around like a chicken with its head cut off. (Strange visual I know).
It’s funny because when I was younger, I never really understood that being a parent could at times be stressful. But then again, when your a kid, your living in the now.
I swear this fall this child of mine had soccer every evening. Which is great! By the time we get home its 6ish and a lavish homecook meal is so not happening. But then again the local fast food joint is not an option.
What to do…
On those crazy days, I am usually looking for a home cook meal that is not only spectacular, but that will also have your family begging for more. Earlier this week I had to make magic happen. I had chicken breast in the fridge some mushrooms, and heavy cream.
I do love chicken breast, but if your not careful it is so easy to over cook.
This chicken breast is as simple as it gets, pinky promise.
Prepping takes less than 10 minutes and cooking is about 30 minutes. Super easy.
- 2.5 lbs of chicken breast cut in 6 pieces
- 1 TBS of herb de provence
- 1 tsp kosher sea salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 TBS olive oil ( 1 tsp of additional olive oil)
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup white wine (I used a chardonnay)
- 16 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ TBS of all purpose flour
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Season chicken with herbe de provence, salt, parsley, onion powder, black pepper.
- In a large pan on medium-high, heat up olive oil.
- Once pan is hot, place 3 of the chicken breast. Cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Place cooked chicken breast on a clean plate. Set aside
- Repeat with the remaining 3 chicken breast.
- Place cooked chicken breast and set aside.
- Bring down heat to medium. Add the additional 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Place onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- You will notice the bottom of the pan will have brown drippings. To get all that flavor you will need to add the white wine next. (You will hear a sizzle).
- Add heavy cream and flour. Bring to a boil and whisk the heck out of it. Whisk until the cream becomes a thicker consistency. (about 3 minutes)
- Add chicken breast, bring heat to a low simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Once the 10 minute mark is up, remove to a plate and garnish with cilantro.