So my inspiration for this salad comes from my mother. Growing up we always had a pot of black beans from the motherland. The pot was either in the refrigerator or on the stove, ALWAYS! And let me tell you, the beans from her country are always amazing, but I have to say opening the lid had a smell that I will never forget, especially when they were cold! Anyways, my mom loves her beans obviously, so when she wanted a quick snack, she would create a bean salad after a long day of work. She would generally use 3 different types of beans and a lot of lemon juice. But I decided to come up with my own version. So I would like to dedicate this recipe to my mother, who still to this day always has a pot of cooked beans at her house. I love you Mami!
P.S Adding diced avocado would taste amazing with this salad!
- 1 15oz Can Black Beans
- 1 15.5oz Can Garbanzo (chickpeas)
- Hand full of cilantro chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber (cut in quarters)
- 1 Pint Grape Tomatoes (cut in half's)
- ¼ crumbled Feta cheese
- Juice from a lemon and a half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- -Rinse the black beans and chickpeas
- -In a serving bowl, add all ingredients together except the Feta Cheese and combine together.
- -Last but not least, sprinkle the feta cheese on top